THE MONGOLIA SECOND ENERGY SECTOR PROJECT REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
THE MONGOLIA SECOND ENERGY SECTOR PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
MONGOLIA: SECOND ENERGY SECTOR PROJECT
Credit No.: 6102-MN
The Government of Mongolia (the Client) has through its Ministry of Energy received financing from the World Bank (the Bank) toward the cost of the Mongolia Second Energy Sector Project, and is in the process to establish the Project Management Office (PMO).
The Mongolia Second Energy Sector Project objective is to improvereliability and sustainability of electricity services in Mongolia. Under the project, Ministry of Energy (MoE) of Mongolia is seeking to recruit qualified specialists for the Project Management Office.
Assignment Title: Project Procurement Specialist:
Theobjectives of this assignment are being are responsible for design and implementation of all procurement duties required to archive the timely completion of project implementation activities.
Detailed tasks include but not limited to:
· Prepare, monitor and update regularly the overall Project Procurement Plan;
· Prepare bidding documents on the basis of the Bank’s sample documents and send it to the Bank for its review and NOL;
· Finalize for submission Bid Evaluation Reports prepared by Bid Evaluation Committee;
· Prepare a draft of contracts, contract negotiations and its finalizations;
· Prepare, monitor and update quarterly procurement management report (Report format is attached);
· Ensure that all procurement activities are conducted in accordance with provisions in the Financing Agreement and the Bank’s procurement guidelines;
· Maintaining accurate and timely files and records of procurement activities to serve as a basis for audit and IFR;
· Monitoring, jointly with project Financial Management Officer, the implementation of the contracts signed by the PMO;
· Ensure PMO on the development of procurement strategy and procurement plan to ensure compliance with the required procedures specified in the Loan Agreement for the Project;
· Providing the project Financial Officer with information about the on-going and forthcoming procurement procedures, the implementation of which, correspondingly the payment under which, are expected to start in the planning period;
· Performing all operations in connection with tax assessment, custom duty clearance, exemptions from taxes, levies, custom duties and fees;
· Responsible for archiving documentation on a completed bidding in a fiscal year; and
· Such other tasks as may be assigned and/ or delegated by the Project Coordinator.
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS / SELECTION CRITERIA: Successful applicants shall have good knowledge of and experience with the World Bank procurement policies and guidelines. Knowledge of the energy sector is an advantage.
The Procurement Specialist shall have:
· University degree in one of the following areas: economics; public administration or law or any relevant field;
· At least 5 years of work experience in public procurement, preferably on projects financed by the WB or other international financial institutions;
· Highly familiar with the procurement procedures under the World Bank financed project and practices applied in a project context.
· Having good knowledge of Mongolia’s government structure and familiarity with World Bank operation will be an advantage;
· Extensive knowledge of international organizations/agencies’ procurement rules and procedures, as well as national public procurement laws, regulations and procedures;
· In addition, it will be an advantage to have good knowledge of the energy field including distribution network, its function, and renewable energy;
· Ability to function independently and collaboratively in a team environment
· Fluency in speaking and writing in English and Mongolian languages required.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Candidates shall submit the following information in English:
1. Curriculum Vitae;
2. Cover Letter:The letter need to contain full information about your ability and how you will suit best to requirements of related position;
3. Reference or recommendation lettersfrom current and/or previous employer;
4. A copyof all Diplomas and Certificates;
5. Deadlineof the application: 10.00 a.m., Wednesday, August 05, 2020
6. Hand delivery by yourself: Project Management Office of the Second Energy Sector Project, Suite 503, 5th Floor, Gegeenten Office, Chinggis Avenue -36, Khan-Uul District, 15th Khoroo, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Telephone: +976-77008544
7. All documents must be sealed in one envelope and must indicate the applying position. Submitted documents will not be returned to applicants.
8. Selection process: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Incomplete applications will be taken out of consideration.
Contact address: Project Management Office of the Second Energy Sector Project, Suite 503, 5th Floor, Gegeenten Office, Chinggis Avenue -36, Khan-Uul District, 15th Khoroo, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Telephone: +976-77008544