The Government of Mongolia has received a loan from the ordinary capital sources of Asian Development Bank (ADB) and grants from the Strategic Climate Fund and Japan Fund for Joint Crediting Mechanism toward the cost of Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project. The Ministry of Energy (MOE) of Mongolia, the project Executing Agency is now recruiting a qualified Procurement Specialist under the project management unit(PMU). For more information about the project please visit below link. https://www.adb.org/projects/50088-002/main
Contract Period: 50 person-months
The procurement specialist will report directly to the project manager and will work in close contact with the loan implementation consultants. His/her tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· assist the project manager in procuring goods, works, and consultants as required by the project and in accordance with ADB Procurement Guidelines (2015, as amended from time to time) and ADB Guidelines on the Use of Consultants (2013, as amended from time to time);
· organize the procurement process and prepare the documentation including bidding documents in coordination and consultation with the project manager and the Implementing Agencies(IA);
· coordinate with the IAs and consultants to ensure that procurement activities are scheduled to support procurement requirements, and that the relevant documents are completed;
· provide assistance to the project manager and to the tender evaluation committee in the tendering process for the procurement under the project in accordance with ADB procurement guidelines, including: (a) preparation and publication of invitations to bid, (b) coordinate answers to bidders’ queries, (c) evaluation of tenders, and (d) preparation of bid evaluation reports;
· assist in addressing and providing answers to bidder queries and in organizing bidder site visits as needed;
· coordinate the processes of non-objection by ADB during evaluations of tenders and consultant’s proposals;
· support the project coordinator in preparing the necessary documentation for contract signing and consultant and contractor mobilization; and
· carry out the annual review and update of the project procurement plan.
The procurement manager should have as a minimum a university degree in management, accounting, or related field with extensive demonstrated knowledge of procurement systems and processes. He/she should have at least 5 years of experience in procurement of civil works, goods and services in Mongolia preferably on ADB projects or other international agencies. Knowledge of ADB or other international donor organization procurement guidelines and procedures will be required. English language proficiency will be an advantage.
· Cover letter;
· CV prepared in accordance with ADB format;
· Copies of relevant certificates;
· Photocopy of citizenship ID;
· Evidence of Language proficiency i.e. IELTS, TOEFL score if possible; and
· Recommendation letter from previous employer.
Application Deadline: 4.00 PM, April 29, 2019
Room No. 212
Renewable Energy Division
Ministry of Energy
Government Building XIV
Khan-Uul District, 17060