10 MWp Solar Power Plant in Khovd
Invitation for Bids
International Competitive Bidding
SECOND ENERGY SECTOR PROJECT
Loan No..: IDA-61020
Contract Title: 10MWp Solar Power Plant in Khovd
Reference No.: P-ICB-B-2
1. The Government of Mongolia has receivedfinancing from the International Development Associations(IDA) toward the cost of the Second Energy Sector Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for P-ICB-B-2: 10 MWp Solar Power Plant in Khovd, Mongolia.
2. The Ministry of Energy now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for for the construction and completion of MWp Solar Power Plant in Khovd, Mongolia (“the Facilities”). The selected contractor will perform all design and engineering work for (i) A 10MWAC ground mounted PV power plant (ii) A 35/110kV substation located at PV power plant (iii) A 110kV overhead transmission line to the nearby Myangad substation of Myangad soum, Khovd Aimag. Moreover, the selected contractor will also be responsible for the Operation and Maintenance of the Plant for at least three (3) years after operational acceptance.
3. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the Bank's Single-Stage Bidding Procedure as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines Procurement of Goods, Works and Non -Consulting Services Under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (edition of January 2011, revised July 2014) (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the Bank Standard Bidding Documents: Procurement of Plant Design, Supply, and Installation (edition of April 2015). In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Project Management Office of the Second Energy Sector Project and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours from 09:00 hours to 17:00 hours (Ulaanbaatar time) excluding Saturday, Sunday and Holidaysat the address given below. Should the potential bidder have any questions, it can contact the client office as indicated in this advertisement. In case of no response from the Client, the potential bidder may also contact the World Bank Task Team Leader at this e-mail account: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. A margin of preference for eligible national contractors shall not be applied. Only Bidders with key qualifications given below should participate in this bidding:
· Minimum Average AnnualTurnover of US$31,500,000.00, calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last five (5) years (2014 S, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018). Submission of audited balance sheets or if not required by the law of the bidder’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Employer, for the last five  years to demonstrate the current soundness of the bidder’s financial position and its prospective long term profitability. As a minimum, a Bidder’s net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive in the last financial year.
· The Bidder must demonstrate availability of or access to liquid assets, lines of credit, and other finances sufficient to meet cash flow requirement which is US$2,600,000.00, and the overall cash flow requirements for this contract and its current commitments.
· The Bidder shall have general experiences under contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor, or management contractor for at least the last five  years prior to the applications submission deadline. Participation as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least three (3) contracts within the last five (5) years of at least 10MWp, each with a value of at least US$8,000,000.00, that have been successfully and substantially completed and that are similar to the proposed Plant and Installation Services.
· The Bidder, as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, shall have a minimum experience in successful or substantially completed contracts including the following key activities:
(i) At least three (3) contracts within the last five (5) years in supply and installation of high voltage substation used for PV solar plant operating in region with similar climate conditions.
(ii) At least three (3) contracts within the last five (5) years in supply and installation of high voltage transmission line used for PV solar plant operating in region with similar climate conditions.
(iii) At least two (2) contracts within the last ten (10) years, each contract including at least 2 years’ operation and maintenance of 10MWp or larger PV plant in region with similar climate conditions.
(iv) At least two (2) contracts within the last ten (10) years, each contract including at least 2 years’ operation and maintenance of 10 MVA or lager sub-station in region with similar climate conditions.
The similarity of each contract shall be based on the physical size, complexity, climate conditions methods/ technology as described in Section VI, Employer’s Requirements of the Bidding Document. Bidders should refer to the Bidding Documents for detailed qualification requirements.
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of USD200.00 (Two Hundred U.S. Dollars) or in an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be direct deposit to
Account name: MOF /100900011848/
Name: STATE BANK OF MONGOLIA, ULAANBAATAR, MONGOLIA
SWIFT code: STBMMNUB
Name: KOOKMIN BANK
SWIFT code: CZNBKRSE
Account number: 7968USD019
All banking chargers outside of Mongolia to be borne by the bidders
The document will be sent by by airmail for overseas delivery for an additional USD150.00 (One Hundred and Fifty U.S. Dollars) and surface mail or courier for local delivery. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 14:00 hrs (Ulaanbaatar time) of 16 December 2019. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
8. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of US$250,000.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand U.S. Dollars Only)
9. A Pre-Bid meeting will take place at 10:00 AM on 5 October 2019 in Myangad Soum center, Khovd Aimag, Mongolia. A site visit conducted by the Employer will be organized at the same day.
10. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 14:30 hrs (Ulaanbaatar time) of 16 December 2019:
Conference Room of the Ministry of Energy,
Government Building XIV
Chinggis Avenue, Khan-Uul District, 3rd Khoroo
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 17060
11. The address referred to above para. 4 and para. 7 is:
Attention to: Tuul Davaa, Procurement Specialist
Address: Project Management Office of theSecond Energy Sector Project
at the Ministry of Energy
Suite 503, 5th Floor, Gegeenten Office
Chinggis Avenue -36, Khan-Uul District, 15th Khoroo
Telephone: +976-77008544, E-mail: email@example.com