Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contract for Turnkey Works for Khovd Shallow Ground Heat Pump System Project
Invitation for Bids
20 May 2020
Grant No. and Title:
Contract No. and Title:
B1: Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contract for Turnkey Works for Khovd Shallow Ground Heat Pump System Project
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
1. The Government of Mongolia has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Ministry of Energy (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the EPC contract for turnkey works for Khovd shallow ground heat pump system project. (“the Facilities”).
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
i) Minimum average annual turnover of USD 560,000.00 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (3) years;
ii) The Bidder must demonstrate that its financial resources meet or exceed the total requirement for the Subject Contract of USD 140,000;
iii) Participated as a contractor, management contractor or subcontractor in at least 2 shallow ground heat pump projects in the last 7 years, which have been completed and operational for at least 2 years, with heating capacity between 50 and 200 kW.
iv) Experience in detailed engineering design of at least 2 shallow ground heat pump projects in the last 7 years with heating capacity between 50 and 200 kW, and which have been operating successfully for at least 2 years
v) Experience in installing at least 2 shallow ground heat pump systems in the last 7 years with heating capacity between 50 and 200 kW, and which have been operating successfully for at least 2 years; and
vi) Experience in detailed engineering design and installation of at least 1 shallow ground heat pump system with a solar thermal collector system in the last 7 years, that has been operating successfully for at least 2 years.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
Ministry of Energy (c/o Project Management Unit)
Attention: Ms. Zultsetseg Davaanyam, Procurement Officer
Address: Room #507, White Gate Center, 3rd Khoroo, Khan-Uul District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Telephone: (+976) 7710 5007
Fax: (+976) 7710 2007
6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should:
· write to the address above requesting the Bidding Documents of B1: EPC contract for turnkey works for Khovd shallow ground heat pump system project.
· Courier costs to be paid by bidders at actual costs for delivery of hard copy of the bidding documents. Contact Project Coordinator for details of courier costs.
· pay a non-refundable fee of US$ 50.00 paid by direct deposit to below account.
Account name Ministry of Finance /100900011855/
Account No. 340101868003
Beneficiary’s bank State bank of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
SWIFT code STBMMNUB
Correspondent bank Kookmin bank
Country Seoul, South Korea
SWIFT code CZNBKRSE
Account No. 7968USD019
Intermediary bank for Kookmin bank-Wells Fargo bank
Country United States America
SWIFT code PNBPUS3NNYC
state “0611-MON Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project” in payment description.
No liability will be accepted for lose or late delivery
Deliver your bid:
· to the address above in para 5.
· on or before the deadline: 01 July 2020; 10:00 AM (Ulaanbaatar time)
· together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
Bids will be opened at 01 July 2020; 10:00 AM (Ulaanbaatar time) in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.