Announcement for detailed environmental impact assessment for 10MW solar power plant in Murun, Khuvsgul aimag
TERMS OF REFERENCE for
Preparation of a Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment
Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project
The Government of Mongolia and the Asian Development Bank is implementing the Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project. The Project will develop 41.0 megawatts (MW) of solar, wind and shallow-ground renewable energy (RE) in remote areas of the Western and Altai-Uliastai Energy Systems.
The project management consulting team has developed a baseline environmental study (BES) for 10MW Murun non-core subproject. The GEIA has been assessed by the Ministry of Nature and the Environment and Tourism (MNET). The MNET has concluded that the project needs a Detailed Environmental Impact Assessment (DEIA).
The project management unit (PMU) and consulting team is inviting sealed proposals for qualified Mongolian contractor with special permit to undertake the DEIA.
2. OBJECTIVE OF THE CONTRACT
The contractor will conduct detailed environmental impact assessment forMurun non-core subproject, 10 MW PV Plant, in Murun City, Khuvsgul province.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The DEIA should:
· Be prepared in compliance with all relevant Mongolian requirements as stipulated in the Law on Environmental Impact Assessment (1998, amended 2012) and in the DEIA Terms of Reference
4. DURATION AND TIMING
Adraft DEIA should be prepared within 30 working days of contract effectiveness, in accordance with theLaw on Environmental Impact Assessment.
The final DEIA should be prepared within 2 weeks of receiving MNET’s comments, if any.
· Draft DEIA
· Final DEIA, approved by MNET, in English and Mongolian languages
· EIA Special permit provided by MNET;
· Experience working with international organizations, previous experience with ADB
· is preferred;
· Experience in developing DEIA in renewable energy projects are required;
7. SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
Interested entity should submit following documents, prepared in English:
· Cover letter with tentative schedule for the work
· Curriculum Vitae of all the experts
· Copy of valid EIA special permit
· Copy of entity’s state registration certificate (both front and back)
· Copy of auditing of financial statement
· Price quotation should be submitted in separate sealed envelop
The deadline for submission is on 31st of August, 2020, 12:00 PM (Ulaanbaatar time)
To obtain further information:
Mon-Energy Consulting LLC