Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract for 10MW Altai solar PV
Invitation for Bids-Rebidding
And Grant No. Title:
3708- MON, 0611-MON: Mongolia Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project
Contract No. and Title:
A2: Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract for 10MW Altai solar PV.
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
11 December 2020; 10:00 AM (Ulaanbaatar time)
1. The Government of Mongolia has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Mongolia Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. TheMinistry of Energy (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the EPC contract for 10MW Altai solar PV (“the Facilities”).
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: Two-Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
i) Minimum average annual turnover of USD 19,500,000.00 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within 2017-2019.
ii) The Bidder must demonstrate that itsfinancial resources meet or exceed the total requirement for the Subject Contract of USD 2,427,500;
iii) Participation as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at leasttwo (2) contracts for solar PV plants with minimum capacity of 10 MWac in the last five (5) years, installed in similar climate condition to the Employer’s country and have been successfully operated for at least two (2) years. Each contract that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last five (5) years and that is similar to the proposed contract.
iv) Experience in Key Activities related to: (i) detailed engineering design for at least two (2) contracts for solar PV plants with minimum capacity of 10 MWac in the last five (5) years, installed in similar climate condition to the Employer’s country and have been successfully operated for at least two (2) years; (ii) at least two (2) operation and maintenance contracts for solar PV plants installed in similar climate condition to the Employer’s country and with minimum capacity of 10 MWac in the last five (5) years;
v) For complete eligibility and qualification requirements refer to the bidding documents.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
Ministry of Energy (c/o Project Management Unit)
Attention: Ms. Zultsetseg Davaanyam, Procurement Officer
Address: Room #507, White Gate Center, 3rd Khoroo, Khan-Uul District,Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Telephone: (+976) 7710 5007
Fax: (+976) 7710 2007
6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should:
· write to the address above requesting the Bidding Documents of A2: EPC contract for 10MW Altai solar PV.
· Courier costs to be paid by bidders at actual costs for delivery of hard copy of the bidding documents. Contact Project Coordinator for details of courier costs.
· pay a non-refundable fee of USD 300.00 paid by direct deposit to below account.
Account name Ministry of Finance
Account No. 340101868003
Beneficiary’s bank State bank of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
SWIFT code STBMMNUB
Correspondent bank Kookmin bank
Country Seoul, South Korea
SWIFT code CZNBKRSE
Account No. 7968USD019
Intermediary bank for Kookmin bank-Wells Fargo bank
Country United States America
SWIFT code PNBPUS3NNYC
· No liability will be accepted for lose or late delivery
7. Deliver your bid:
· to the address above in para 5.
· on or before the deadline: 11 December 2020; 10:00 AM (Ulaanbaatar time)
· together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
Bids will be opened 11 December 2020; 10:00 AM (Ulaanbaatar time) in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.