Procurement and Construction contract for hybrid system of Altai soum
Invitation for Bids
14 December 2020
Grant No. and Title:
3708-MON: Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project
Contract No. and Title:
A12: Engineering, Procurement and Constructioncontract for hybrid system of Altai soum.
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
25 January 2021; 11:00 AM (Ulaanbaatar time)
1. The Government of Mongolia has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. TheMinistry of Energy (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract for hybrid system of Altai soum. (“the Facilities”).
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
i) Minimum average annual turnover of USD 1,840,000.00 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (2017, 2018, 2019) years;
ii) The Bidder must demonstrate that itsfinancial resources meet or exceed the total requirement for the Subject Contract of USD 230,000;
iii) Participation as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least 2 contracts for minimum of 300kW solar PV and minimum of 3000kWh BESS system with diesel backup in the last 5 years.
iv) Experience in detailed engineering design for at least 2 contracts for minimum of 300kW solar PV and minimum of 3000kWh BESS storage with diesel backup in the last 5 years, installed in similar climate condition to the Employer`s country and have been successfully operated for at least 2 years and;
v) Experience in for at least 2 operation and maintenance contracts for minimum of 300kW solar PV and 3000kWh BESS storage with diesel backup installed in similar climate condition to the Employer`s country. Eachcontract that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last 5years and that is similar to the proposed contract.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
Ministry of Energy (c/o Project Management Unit)
Attention: Ms. Zultsetseg Davaanyam, Procurement Officer
Address: Room #507, White Gate Center, 3rd Khoroo, Khan-Uul District, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Telephone: (+976) 7710 5007
Fax: (+976) 7710 2007
6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should:
· write to the address above requesting the Bidding Documents of A12: EPC contract for hybrid system of Altai soum.
· Courier costs to be paid by bidders at actual costs for delivery of hard copy of the bidding documents. Contact Project Coordinator for details of courier costs.
· pay a non-refundable fee of US$ 100.00 paid by direct deposit to below account.
Account name Ministry of Finance
Account No. 340101868003
Beneficiary’s bank State bank of Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
SWIFT code STBMMNUB
Correspondent bank Kookmin bank
Country Seoul, South Korea
SWIFT code CZNBKRSE
Account No. 7968USD019
Intermediary bank for Kookmin bank-Wells Fargo bank
Country United States America
SWIFT code PNBPUS3NNYC
· No liability will be accepted for lose or late delivery
Deliver your bid:
· to the address above in para 5.
· on or before the deadline: 25 January 2021; 11:00 AM (Ulaanbaatar time)
· together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
Bids will be opened at 25 January 2021; 11:00 AM (Ulaanbaatar time) in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.