Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Disclosure for Choir – Sainshand transmission line Project
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is considering providing finance to Mongolia for the construction of the 220 km long Choir – Sainshand double circuit 220 kV transmission line, the construction of the 220/110/35 kV substation at Sainshand and the extension of 220 kV Choir substation.
The Project is expected to improve interconnection of the electricity transmission infrastructure, reduce transmission losses, allow renewable integration in the power system and reduce environmental impact.
As the Project is classified as a Category A project, a comprehensive Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) the Project has been undertaken. The following key documents are disclosed on the Ministry of Energy’s website:
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) in English and Mongolian
- ESIA_App A_Meeting Note with NEDC-2020-05-12 English
- Non-Technical Summary or Executive Summary (NTS) in English and Mongolian
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) in English and Mongolian
- SEP_App A_Interview Questionnaire English
- Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP) in English and Mongolian
- Environmental and Social Management and Monitoring Plan (ESMMP) in English and Mongolian
- Land Acquisition and Resettlement Framework (LARF) in English and Mongolian