Consulting service for external monitoring firm for the implementation of environment and social management plan of the Ulaanbaatar heating sector improvement project
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
THE ULAANBAATAR HEATING SECTOR IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Credit No.: 6589 MN
Assignment Title: Consulting service for external monitoring firm for the implementation of environment and social management plan of the Ulaanbaatar heating sector improvement project
Reference No. CS-ES-4
The MinistryofEnergyhas receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of the The Ulaanbaatar Heating SectorImprovement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include external monitoring firm for the implementation of environment and social management plan of the Ulaanbaatar heating sector improvement project 20 months with terms of reference for consulting, monitoring and consulting services for the Environmental and Social management.
Аny activities for expansion and rehabilitation of the main heating pipeline project expected to comply with environmental and social standards per Mongolian legislation and the World Bank Safeguard requirements to avoid and reduce environmental and social risk and impacts on the environment and society and to make a detailed assessment. The total term of the contract is 20 months and will run from May 15 to September 15, 2021-2025.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
TheMinistryofEnergynow invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The minimum criteria are:
- Minimum qualification requirements for consulting firms:
- For domestic consulting firms, certified fromThe Ministry of Nature, Environment and Tourism to carry out detailed environmental impact assessment and measure;
- More than 3 years of experience in conducting detailed environmental and social assessments;
- List of work performed (attachment of copies of contracts);
- Submit a financial statement (balance sheet and income statement) for the last three years, certified by an auditing and tax authority, showing the financial stability and long-term efficiency of the consulting company;
- Availability of measuring and research instruments and equipment;
- The firm shall offer one employee with experience in performing similar consulting work
- Requirements for key specialists and experts of the consulting firm
- Bachelor's degree or higher in natural sciences or environmental engineering;
At least three years of work experience in environmental monitoring and evaluation
/It is an advantage to be able to monitor the implementation of asbestos management
plans and provide training on hazardous waste/;
- High communication skills;
- Ability to write reports, prepare and review documents in English and Mongolian;
- Ability to work on office applications;
Interested consultants must comply with the World Bank's Conflict of Interest Policy set out in the Procurement Procedures for World Bank Borrowers (updated July 2016 and November 2020). See also paragraphs 3.14 and 3.17 (b) (c) (d) of the above procedure for conflicts of interest related to this assignment.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection based on the Consultant’s Qualifications method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information, can be obtained at the address below on weekdays from 09:00 to 17:00.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by before at 11:00 am 11June 2021.
Attention to: Yerbolat .Ye, Engineer, Ulaanbaatar Heating Sector Improvement Project
Address: Project Implementation Unit
Ulaanbaatar Heating Sector Improvement Project
Building 67A 2#,
Chinggis avenue, 3rdKhoroo, Khan-Uul district, Industrial