REQUEST FOR QUOTATION - GOODS (RFQG)
0610-МОN: Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project, Ministry of Energy, Mongolia
Project Title : 0610-МОN: Upscaling Renewable Energy Sector Project, Ministry of Energy,
Source of Funding : Asian Development Bank
Contract Ref : Supply of the remote sensing device (Sound Detection and Ranging Device (SoDAR)) for the wind resource measurement.
Contract No.: : MON-UREP/2021/C01 Date of Issue of Request: _08July. 2021_
To : _______________
1. Ministry of Energy (Purchaser) hereby requests you to submit price quotation/(s) for the supply of the following items:
(i) Remote sensing device SoDAR instrument
(ii) Power supply
(iv) Spare part kits
To assist you in the preparation of your price quotation we enclose the necessary Supply and Delivery Schedule, Technical Specifications, Form of Quotation and draft Contract.
2. If you/your firm, however, falls under any of the following conditions, your proposal shall not be considered:
(a) you/your firm are/is not a citizen/national of an ADB member country, or
(b) you/your firm have/has been associated with the firm that prepared the design and specifications, or engaged in the preparation of the Project for which the contract that is subject of this request for quotations was identified, or
(c) you/your firm are/is owned by the Purchaser, or
(d) you/your firm are/is currently sanctioned or temporarily suspended by the Asian Development Bank for a violation of its Anticorruption Policy (1998, as amended to date), or
(e) the importation of goods or services from your country or any payment to persons or entities in your country is prohibited in compliance with a decision of the United Nations Security Council under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
3. To be qualified, you must have experience as a manufacturer or authorized supplier of the items covered by this Request for Quotation and, as evidence, you must also attach a document of your experience as supplier in at least 5(five) contracts in the last 3 years of a size and nature similar conditions to the items in the supply schedule of this contract. Also, shall submit the third parties’ international certificates.
4. Your quotation should be submitted in accordance with the following instructions, procedures, and the terms and conditions of the Contract.
Preparation of Quotations
(a) Your price quotation/(s) shall be for all the items as described in attached documents and submitted only in the attached Form of Quotation with the priced Supply, Delivery and Price Schedule. The currency of quoted prices and payment shall be US dollar.
(b) The prices should be quoted for supply and delivery toUlaanbaatar, Mongolia and should be accompanied by adequate technical documentation and catalogue(s) and other printed material or pertinent information English language for each item quoted, including names and addresses of firms providing after-sales service facilities in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
(c) You shall submit only one set of quotations for the above items. Your quotation must be typed or written in indelible ink and shall be signed by you or your authorized representative. Without a signature in your Form of Quotation, your quotation will not be considered further.
(d) You shall submit one original of the Form of Quotation, and clearly marked “Original”. In addition, you shall also submit one copy marked as “COPY”. In case of any discrepancy between the Original and Copy, the original shall prevail.
(e) Your quotation(s) should be valid for a period of 45 days from the deadline for submission of the quotation/(s) as indicated below. If you withdraw your quotation during the validity period and/or refuse to accept the award of a contract when and if awarded, then you will be excluded from the list of Suppliers for the project for two years.
(f) COVID-19: You shall consider the impacts of COVID-19 in your offer. Your quotations shall detail how you shall mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 on the scope of work, and exhaustively list and quantify any constraints on your scope of work as a result of COVID-19.
Submission and Opening
(g) Your Form of Quotation with the priced Supply and Delivery Schedule should be submitted by 10.00 AM on 05Aug. 2021 Ulaanbaatar time with the required documents that should be signed in paper form.
Purchaser’s Address: Mr. Turtulga D.,
Ministry of Energy,
Room No. 301, 3rd floor,
Government Building XIV
Telephone: +(976) 51 263074
(h) Quotations determined to be substantially responsive to this Request for Quotation will be evaluated by comparison of their offer prices. A quotation is not substantially responsive if it contains material deviations or reservations to the terms, conditions, and specifications in this Request for Quotation.
(i) In evaluating the quotations, the Purchaser will adjust for any arithmetical errors as follows:
(i) where there is a discrepancy between amounts in figures and in words, the amount in words will govern; and
(ii) where there is a discrepancy between the unit rate and the line item total resulting from multiplying the unit rate by the quantity, the unit rate as quoted will govern.
If you refuse to accept the correction, your quotation will be rejected.
Award of Contract
(j) The Purchaser shall award the contract to the Supplier whose quotation has been determined to be substantially responsive to this Request for Quotation and who has offered the lowest price quotation.
(k) The Supplier whose quotation has been accepted will be notified by the Purchaser within 45 [forty-five days] days from the date of submission of quotation through the return of a copy of the Form of Quotation with Acceptance signed by the authorized representative of the Purchaser.
(l) The successful Supplier shall sign the Contract governed by the Contract Terms and Conditions. The Supplier will pay all import charges accordingly. The renewable energy equipment including the wind measurement station is exempt from the Custom Tax (5%) and Value Added Tax (10%). The above contract price is net exclusive of Custom Tax and Value Added Tax.
5. Further information can be obtained from:
Mr. Turtulga D.,
Ministry of Energy,
Room No. 301, 3rd floor,
Government Building XIV
Telephone : +(976) 51 263074
6. The Purchaser intends to apply funds from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for eligible payments under the Contract resulting from this Request for Quotation.
7. Under ADB’s Anticorruption Policy (1998, as amended to date), suppliers shall observe the highest standard of ethics during the procurement and execution of such contracts. ADB may reject a proposal for award, and may impose sanctions or other remedial actions on parties involved, if it determines that the supplier recommended for award or any other party, directly or through an agent, has engaged in corrupt, fraudulent, collusive, coercive, or obstructive practices or other integrity violations in competing for, or in executing, the Contract. At the time of submission of your quotation, you should not be in ADB’s sanctions list. A firm/individual shall not be eligible to participate in any procurement activities under an ADB-financed, -administered, or -supported project while under temporary suspension or debarment by ADB pursuant to its Anticorruption Policy, whether such debarment was directly imposed by ADB, or enforced by ADB pursuant to the Agreement for Mutual Enforcement of Debarment Decisions.
8. You/your firm, joint venture partners, associates, parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries, including any subcontractors or suppliers for any part of the Contract, are not, or have never been, temporarily suspended, debarred, declared ineligible, or blacklisted by the purchaser’s country, any international organization, and other donor agency.
If so debarred, declared ineligible, temporarily suspended, or blacklisted, please state details (as applicable to each joint venture partner, associate, parent company, affiliate, subsidiaries, subcontractors, and/or suppliers):
(a) Name of Institution: __________________
(b) Period of debarment, ineligibility, or blacklisting (start and end date): ____________
(c) Reason for the debarment, ineligibility, or blacklisting: ________________________
9. You/your firm’s, joint venture partners’, associates’, parent company’s affiliates’ or subsidiaries’, including any subcontractors’ or suppliers’, key officers and directors have not been [charged or convicted] of any criminal offense (including felonies and misdemeanors) or infractions/violations of ordinance which carry the penalty of imprisonment.
If so charged or convicted, please state details:
(a) Nature of the offense/violation: __________________
(b) Court/Area of jurisdiction: __________________
(c) Resolution (i.e. dismissed; settled; convicted/duration of penalty): __________________
(d) Other relevant details:
10. You/your firm understands that it is your obligation to notify ADB should you/your firm, joint venture partners, associates, parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries, including any Subcontractors or Suppliers, be temporarily suspended, debarred or become ineligible to work with ADB or any other multilateral development banks, the purchaser’s country, international organizations, and other donor agencies, or any of your key officers and directors be charged or convicted of any criminal offense or infractions/violations of ordinance which carry the penalty of imprisonment.
11. Any misrepresentation that knowingly or recklessly misleads, or attempts to mislead may lead to the automatic rejection of the quotation/bid or cancellation of the contract, if awarded, and may result in remedial actions, in accordance with ADB’s Anticorruption Policy (1998, as amended to date) and Integrity Principles and Guidelines (2015 as amended from time to time).
12. A bidder shall not have a conflict of interest. All bidders found to have a conflict of interest shall be disqualified.
13. Please confirm by fax/e-mail the receipt of this request and whether or not you will submit the price quotation(s).
Mr. Janarbaatar J.
Head of Financial Division
Department of Finance and Investment
Ministry of Energy